Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Polarization - Talk About Climate Change!

Have you noticed how polarized life is getting? The fringe is getting more fringe-y. The violent are getting more violent. Crimes arae getting more spectacular every day. News is getting more sensationalized. Paparazzi are getting more invasive. Trial verdicts and jury awards are crazier and crazier. Government is more and more divided and angry and defiant. It seems like, anymore, people don't think it's worthwhile to take a step unless it can be a very large step that rocks the world and goes viral. I miss peace, quiet, and sanity. At the rate we're going, those words are going to end up obsolete. They will go the way of fardel and golly.

In a world of me/my we've lost our sense of common purpose, of acting for the greater good, of compromise, and common sense.

I really miss seeing common sense.

Please bring back common sense.

Jen

3 comments:

  1. You would go back to Ancient Greece.. lol.. why don't we pull in the excesses of the Roman Empire and the Mongol hordes while we're at it.. (laughing) I get your point though. I suppose things do tend to go in waves. It does seem like we're on the wave upswing right now though.. Too much excess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire the Spartan system of government. Very conservative and rock solid.

    ReplyDelete