Monday, July 18, 2011

Biggest Loser Part Ooof

I've been upset the last week on and off while processing things and getting things worked out. Things are going ok, but the benefit of this (aside from getting things worked out) is that I haven't felt like eating and I've had so much anxiety and the nervous energy that comes with anxiety that I've been constantly on the move. I lost 3 pounds! Woot!

I've gotten on the treadmill twice - once for an hour and once for ten minutes. My lower back and hips have been in a lot of pain and I'm using my cane again, but it's going ok. I'm taking my meds (OTC and prescribed) and just taking it a day at a time.

My goal is to lose a pound a day. So far it's 3 over 8 days. But maybe now that the losing has started, I can keep it on track. We'll see.

But, my house is full of sugary carby snacks for the kids. I have no desire to eat them. Woot! That is an excellent sign.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. It's more important for your kids to steer free of sugary carbs than you! Their bodies are still adapting to diet and they may be getting set up for a life long adulthood of diet related disease!
    You have a very full life. A pound a day diet is for people who can totally focus on themselves. It might be better to focus on the process instead of reaching for difficult milestones.
    I lost a pound a day for seven days, and 2% body fat. I dieted on nothing but water, oranges and carrots. I succeeded in meeting my goals for a military weigh-in but it was hard on my body and that was only for one week.
    Also, in case I haven't butted in enough yet, try to steer clear of exercise machines like treadmills. Instead, do something similar that actually improves the quality of your life. Instead of a treadmill, for example, try exercising your horse. I am sure you will enjoy the time with your horse more, and your horse will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think the title of this post is quite witty.

    ReplyDelete